Industry driven association developing intelligence and automation for heavy mobile work machines
FIMA is a network for mobile work machine manufacturers, specialist companies, system integrators and research institutes. It promotes and outlines research and product development in the field in accordance with this industry’s needs.
Mobile work machines represent one of Finland’s most significant fields of industry. Work machines for a wide variety of purposes and environments are manufactured in Finland. Much of the technology in these machines is similar, however, and intelligence is often implemented using the same basic solutions.
- founded 2006
- focus on precompetitive, applied research
- finances research projects by membership fees
- research volume of approx. 1 MEUR per year
- portfolio of 4 – 6 projects
- contribution of 20 full-time researchers
- engages over 300 specialists in member organisations